I quit my job today. lol I finally did it.
It reminds me of 'Fun with Dick and Jane' where Dick's company just tanks and Jane quits her job. And Billy announces it "Mommy quit her yob!" Hehe I laugh everytime I think of that.
Fear not, faithful friends! I won't be free for long. I start my new job next Thursday. My last day is Wednesday and my first day is Thursday, so not much of a break there. Bah. I shoulda just told some lies and gotten a few days off.
My new job is at another daycare center (go figure). I know that the work is...challenging, but I am used to the challenge so I'm not nervous. Just excited....and a little sad.
I'll be leaving "my kids". I've been at the daycare for 2 1/2 years. Some of the three and four year olds I work with were in diapers when I met them. Now they're talking and potty trained and some of them are gearing up to go off to Pre-K and Kindergarten. They've come a long way. And so have I.
I've learned a lot at this job. A lot about myself and a lot about other people. God has constantly been using the kids to kick me in the butt and show me how I look to Him. Stubborn and silly, a total brat and shortsighted, disobedient and helpless. I have learned patience, as well as so many other things from my kids.
They see the world in a different light. It's so beautiful.
I love watching them put things together and my favorite part of the whole day is when they make a connection...the question leaves their face and they just get it....and they look at you like you're figuring out the world together. And I guess we are.
So. On to a new adventure.
It's sad. I feel like this job was the last piece of my Vennard life. I was just holding onto it because....I miss how it was, how it used to be, like CRAZY. I want it all back.
But I can't have it back. It's gone. And I have to let it all go. This phase is over.
Man, I'm all bummed now....
No comments:
Post a Comment