The internet is also the home of some kick-awesome tutorials. As I've continued on my quest through the breathtaking fields of Pinterest, I've come across quite a few gems. Pins and blog links that are chock-full o' tutorial goodness.
And ya know what? I've been downright inspired. So here you have it. My very first:
"How-to"-torial....
I just want to share a recipe that's been passed down in my family for years. It's a family favorite and I jump at the chance to share it with friends and neighbors. I get rave reviews every time I serve it...I just couldn't keep this for myself any longer!
For this recipe, you'll need peanut butter,bread (of your choice, but make sure it's sliced!), jam or jelly (grape, strawberry, red currant...don't be afraid to mix it up!), and a butter knife.


You'll want to start by opening the jelly and peanut butter. We'll keep this sandwich basic, so you'll only need two slices of bread. Lay the slices side by side on a plate, like so.
Next, you'll want to dip the knife into the peanut butter. Taking a good sized glob, start spreading the peanut butter onto one slice of the bread (whichever side you choose).

When you're done, it should look like this (if it doesn't, just throw it away and start over. Trust me.)

Now that that's done, you'll want to repeat with the jelly. It should look like this...

I don't have a picture of the next step, but what you're going to want to do is put the plain piece of bread on top of the bread with toppings (in traditional sandwich style). It will look like the picture below. If you want to, you can cut the finished product in half (lengthwise or diagonally).

Once it's cut (if desired), you can put it on a clean plate.

There's nothing quite like the joy and laughter that comes from a food-job well done.


Enjoy! ...and try not to over-indulge too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment