Sunday, October 14, 2012

Something you may not know about me...

I have a confession to make.

I like make-up.

No, no, no. I LOVE make-up. 

I wear it always. Rain. Shine. Snow. Tidal wave. Always. I wear it when I'm home, when I'm out. I wore it in the hospital. As soon as they let me get up to use the bathroom, I hobbled over to my bag, grabbed my make-up case, and headed for the mirror. 

I just like it a lot, a lot, a lot.

It makes me feel...ready to take on anything. Like I'm put together. I can't explain it, really. It's not like "Omg I need to cover these blemishes. I'm so ashamed!" It's just that it sort of makes me feel like myself. I call it "putting on my face."
It's Sarah in powder form.

I like make-up so much that I made a rule for myself right after my son was born: I always make time to put on make-up, even if it's just a little eye liner. It seems silly, but I need it to get through the day. My house can be a mess, I can have piles of stuff to do, but as long as my child is dressed and I'm wearing make-up the world is alright.

It's something that I've decided is important when you're a "stay at home". You need to find that one thing that makes you feel like you and do it. Whether it's drinking a cup of coffee in the quiet, curling your hair, looking up funny cat pictures, or putting on make-up. For real. It makes a big difference in the ol' day-to-day. I always make time. Sometimes that means my son has to sit in his highchair for an extra 4 minutes or that Diego joins us for an extra episode. Oh well. I need to feel like myself.

(I recently heard from a friend that doing these kinds of things can also get you out of a funk. Huh. Good to know. Just an added bonus.)

Ok. So that's the back story. I like make-up.
Well, this week a girl from a Facebook group I belong to, posted a picture of herself wearing zero make-up. She wanted everyone to post up theirs as well. My first thought was "Oh heeeeck no." I don't like people seeing me with...the naked face.
My eyes look kinda sleepy, my eyebrows look seriously sad when they're not filled in, and I'm not crazy about my eyelashes.
My second thought was "Who the heck cares anyways?"
So I posted my picture.
It was really kinda weird. I don't look waaaay different, but it's quite a difference to me and not something people usually see.
And I figured since I did it there, I'd do it here.

Hello.





What makes you feel like yourself?



1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine you without at least eyeliner! I often wish I could eyeliner like you can, yes I just turned that into a verb.

    ReplyDelete