I'm not the best with words. I'm not the type of person that is able to put their feeling together very well. I
don't usually know what the right thing to say is.
It's especially difficult for me to know what to say when a friend is hurting. When there is grief, my heart breaks...but I just don't know what to say. There are some people that write really beautiful cards or say really nice things, give good advice. It's a gift. One that I have not been blessed with.
My words so often fail my sympathy.
October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.
I honestly didn't know about this observance month. I first read about it on a friend's Facebook status a few weeks ago and have seen a few others talking about it. Since then, it has really been weighing heavily on my heart.
While it is not something that I have struggled with personally, it is something that deeply grieves me, as a mother. Knowing what it means to carry a life inside of you makes this type of loss impossible to imagine. I am thankful that I have not experienced it myself and heartbroken for those who have.
Wave of Light is the lighting of remembrance candles "to remember the babies who were born asleep, or whom we carried but never met, or those we have held but could not take home, or the ones who made it home but didn't stay."
So, this October 15th, I am joining in Wave of Light.
I light my candle for the words that I cannot find.
I light my candle for my friends who have known this particular kind of heartbreak.
I light my candle to show that I support you, I pray for you, and I remember you.
Praying that you feel an extra portion of comfort tonight and that you never forget that you are loved.
I light my candle for the words that I cannot find.
I light my candle for my friends who have known this particular kind of heartbreak.
I light my candle to show that I support you, I pray for you, and I remember you.
Praying that you feel an extra portion of comfort tonight and that you never forget that you are loved.

Thank you, this is really, really touching! As someone who has had to go through this sorrow, it really helps to just have people care and pray. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for this Sarah-it speaks volumes.
ReplyDelete