Friday, November 11, 2011

In the mood to get all choked up?

Anyone who knows me, even a little, knows that I am not an emotional person. I mean, I'm not a cryer. I am emotional in other ways *cough* anger *cough*, but crying's just not my thing. There are very few things that make me tear up or make me get that funny feeling in my throat.
Enter this website.
It's called dearphotograph.com and it. has. the. power. to make me cry like a baby.
It's just a big cry-fest for me.
It's a site where people submit photos they have taken in the present, using pictures from the past. It's pictures of pictures, basically. (Since my explanation doesn't make sense, just go check it out.) What makes it super sad is the captions! It's all peoples' old memories and stuff. They can be really depressing! Here's one, a caption under a picture of a man holding a little girl: "I wish I could feel that cozy, snuggly place again I once had in your arms. I miss you Pop Pop."
Sad!
There's pictures of parents, grandparents, now-passed-away siblings, childhood homes... I think what makes me so emotional is that I have memories like their's and people in my life like they have in the pictures. It just makes you realize that someday that's all you'll have left: your memories and the photographs that represent them. Pictures take you back to a time and place that you'll almost always miss. *sniff* *sniff*

Anyways, it's a great site! And not all gloomyemotionalsadness!

You should go check it out. You might find out that you're not as weenie as me.


After all that weepy-ness, go and feast your eyes on this site.
I can almost guarantee you'll love it and you'll be crying tears of joy in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment